Good Samaritan Internship Program
Medical Internship At Good Sam
About the Program
The internship program is designed for individuals pursuing a career as a health care provider; it offers the opportunity to gain experience in the healthcare field, train as a medical assistant, and engage in direct patient care. Our interns work alongside staff LPNs, medical assistants and health care providers to deliver high quality primary and limited specialty care to underserved populations throughout Atlanta. The internship includes both direct patient care tasks and
administrative assistance needed to maintain clinic flow and follow up.
This unpaid internship is designed to expose future health care professionals to the medical field and inspire them to care for vulnerable populations. Program benefits include:
● Training as a medical assistant including vital signs, patient histories, EKG,
x-ray, spirometry, phlebotomy, and care coordination
● Direct patient care experience
● Work alongside primary and specialty care providers
● Opportunities for letters of recommendation
● Documented health care experience hours
Program requirements inlcude:
● Commitment of one academic semester. This can be extended if mutually beneficial
● Minimum commitment of one (1) full clinic day or two (2) half clinic days a week. Because this program is built into the actual clinic schedule, we ask that interns make it their priority to be consistent for their shifts.
Summer internship application is open from April 16 through May 7, 2018.
The internship process is highly competitive because we only have limited capacity.
After their application is submitted, we will only follow up with the applicants who have made it to the interview round.
Interested applicants, please complete the form below: