Events Coordinator Intern
The Good Samaritan Health Center (Good Sam) is looking for a qualified intern to join our marketing and events team. Good Sam provides comprehensive medical, dental, mental health, and health education services to under-served communities in the Metro-Atlanta area.
The intern should be prepared to work in a fast paced, creative and entrepreneurial environment and be comfortable leading event processes for both donors and patients from start to finish including ideation, planning, logistics, execution and follow-up. The role will be responsible for the planning and implementation of a major fall Donor event as well as the pre-planning for our large annual event in the spring. The intern will also lead smaller events throughout the fall focusing on Good Sam awareness to both donors and patients, as well as medical events. The intern will also coordinate our exhibit booth locations at various other events throughout Atlanta, as well as lead volunteers and other team members in the execution of events. The intern will also work with other Marketing and Advertising areas, especially as it relates to generating income through hosted and third party events.
- Current Undergraduate or Graduate Student
- Ability to intern at least 15 hours per week at the Good Sam Offices
- Interested in Marketing, Advertising and/or events
- Pursuing a major in Event Management, Hospitality, Marketing, Advertising or Business
- Experience planning events for 100-200 people
- Experience developing ideas for new events
- Comfortable communicating with business leaders at all levels of an organization (this role will include solicitation of sponsors from major businesses)
- Ability to develop and manage a budget and set profit/loss and fundraising goals
- Have knowledge of various marketing and advertising techniques to target various segments and demographics
- Be flexible to serve in various areas in the Marketing and Events Department
Reporting To â€“ Director of Marketing and Events
Email Cover Letter and Resume, as well as availabilty to: Â firstname.lastname@example.org